Welcome to our Shop Ride information page. Have you got a bike and would like to do social group rides? Have you got a mountain bike but don't know any of the trails on the Central Coast? Our groups are made up of male and female riders from the ages of 16 to over 50 of all skill levels. Everybody is welcome to join us on our social Shop Rides, this is a free service provided by bikeworx.com.au for local cyclists to broaden their horizons in a friendly casual environment and to meet some new cycling buddies :)
All riders are advised to check our Facebook Page and/or this page for confirmation prior to the ride to ensure the ride hasn't been cancelled for weather or health reasons (fires, smoke etc)
Shop Ride Dates: (Weather Permitting)
Next Shop Ride:
Our next MTB Shop Ride date will be announced soon, we have an early Spring ride planned.
Central Coast Bicycle User Group - Affiliated with BicycleNSW & Incorporated on 15 March 2013. An advocacy group for cyclists' rights and cycling infrastructure on the NSW Central Coast promoting all aspects of cycling, general cycling discussions and activities.
Central Coast Touring Cycle Club - The CCTCC is based in the Gosford and Wyong Shires of the Central Coast of New South Wales on the East Coast of Australia just north of Sydney. The club is a well-established group of easy-going, sociable people who meet each Sunday morning for recreational bicycle rides and to share the benefits that such a healthy pastime brings. This is not a racing club but a touring cycle club. The pace is easy or medium with stops along the way to either regroup or take in the scenery. Electric and petrol powered cycles are not permitted due to safety and legal requirements, nor are child chariots.
Bicycle NSW - Riding a bike for any purpose can be pretty straightforward, but belonging to a community of like-minded bike riders that also provides you with peace of mind through personal injury and public liability insurance for you and/ or your household, that's something special. Bicycle NSW membership delivers exactly that and much more. Join Bicycle NSW and reap the benefits of 40 years experience from a community organisation that stands up for cyclists’ rights, provides you with discounted access to our iconic events, and safety in the knowledge that you are insured worldwide while riding for pleasure, training or transport.
What you need to know about our Shop Rides
- Wednesday afternoon rides are generally around 20km in length and are rated beginner/intermediate. Lights are required for Wednesday afternoon rides in winter.
- Sunday rides usually go for around 3 to 4 hours depending on the skill level of the group, the conditions on the day and the ride chosen.
- If a ride is to be cancelled notification will be posted here on the website and on our Facebook Shop Rides page.
- The pace of our rides is dictated by the pace of the slowest rider, we won't leave you behind and we always have an experienced sweeper at the tail of the pack. The more experienced riders will often ride ahead but will wait for the pack to catch up at regular intervals.
- A mountain bike in good working order is required for our MTB rides. Helmets are required on all rides.
Please bring a spare tube, plenty of water and snacks if required. Backpacks are recommended for our MTB rides.
Riding a bike can be hard work, if you are new to cycling please consult your doctor before taking on any strenuous exercise. If you have any questions please call the shop on 0243 652208 for more information.