The new Trek Rail MTB eBike has landed!
Rail 9 is our top-of-the-line alloy electric mountain bike with long-travel suspension. It features a suspension set-up and parts worthy of the gnarliest enduro runs, and the powerful new Bosch drive system will get you back up the mountain faster than you ever thought possible.
It's right for you if...
You're looking for a long-travel e-MTB that gives you a serious power boost without holding you back from hitting the techy terrain and big drops you love. You prefer to drop your upgrade cash on a plush suspension set-up and high-performance parts than a frame.
The tech you get
A light and durable Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame that fully encases a 625 Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a 160 mm RockShox Lyrik Select Plus fork with Charger 2 RC damper, 150 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RT3 shock with Trek's RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250 W motor that assists up to 25 km/h,and a Purion controller. A 1x12 SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain, Bontrager Line Elite dropper post, Shimano SLX 4-piston brakes and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels with Bontrager SE5 Team Issue tyres.
The final word
Our best alloy Rail features major performance upgrades to the suspension, drivetrain, dropper and more. Bosch’s longest-range battery packs the power you need to get in more laps than you can handle.
Why you'll love it
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain – no shuttle or lift necessary
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedalling, and has less drag when you’re not
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)