Trek Rail 7 is a long-travel electric mountain bike built for ripping the big stuff. rrp $7999
It features the same high-end trail tech as our analogue trail bikes, an upgraded fork, drivetrain, battery and more, plus a powerful new Bosch drive system that's basically like having your own shuttle.
Color - Dnister Black/Rage Red
It's right for you if...
You’re looking for a trail-specific e-MTB that’s designed to tackle the same tough terrain as regular trail bikes. You already know just how awesome e-MTBs are on the mountain, and want to invest in higher-performance components.
The tech you get
A light and durable Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame that fully encases a 625 Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a 160 mm RockShox Yari RC fork, 150 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RL shock, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250 W motor that assists up to 25 km/h and a Purion controller. A 1x12 Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain, dropper post, Shimano 4-piston brakes and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels.
The final word
Rail 7 features an upgraded Shimano drivetrain and brakes, and an upgraded RockShox fork. But the biggest deal is that it houses the longest-range Bosch battery you can get. That means more runs and more fun.
Why you'll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedalling, and has less drag when you’re not
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain – no shuttle or lift necessary
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- It's equipped with an external charging port for easy charging on or off the bike
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It’s also more efficient so you can go further on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It’s a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security or just easier charging.