The 2020 model Trek Fuel EX 7 (large size shown) has arrived!
Fuel EX 7 shines when you're charging down tricky descents, where the dropper post, upgraded 140 mm RockShox 35 Gold fork and 130 mm of rear travel come in handy. A lightweight aluminium frame, Tubeless Ready wheels and a reliable 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drive train make this an amazing all-around full suspension mountain bike.
Colour/Matte Dnister Black/Sunburst
It's right for you if...
You want one high-performance bike that excels on every trail, and you want it at great value. You expect your bike to handle a variety of challenges, including rocky descents, long climbs, fast corners and gaps.
The tech you get
A capable and stiff Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame, 140 mm RockShox 35 Gold fork with a plush DebonAir spring, and 130 mm of rear travel with a FOX Performance Float shock and a 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drive train with a wide range of gearing for climbs. Plus, Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels and a dropper post.
The final word
Fuel EX 7 is a great all-around trail bike for a wide variety of terrain. It has upgrades where it matters most, like in the SRAM 1x12 drive train, suspension and Tubeless Ready Bontrager wheels.
Why you'll love it
- It’s an incredible trail bike with upgraded parts that you won’t outgrow as soon as your skills progress
- You’re getting a high-value trail bike that’s great for both marathon races and everyday singletrack riding
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so it's out of the way on descents
- Wide Line Comp 30 wheels provide more tyre support, so you get better traction and control
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: XS frames get 27.5˝ wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5˝ or 29˝ and sizes M to XL get 29˝ wheels
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, ISCG 05, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 130 mm travel
- RockShox 35 Gold, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 140 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float EVOL, 3-position DPS damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x55 mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.60"
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- SRAM NX Eagle, DUB, 30 T steel ring, Boost
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB, 92 mm, PressFit
- SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Bontrager Arvada, steel rails
- TranzX JD-YSP18, 130 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano hydraulic disc, MT401 lever, MT400 caliper
- M - 15.05 kg / 33.19 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).