The new 2020 Model Trek Fuel EX 5 has arrived.
The new Fuel EX 5 is the gateway to full suspension trail bikes. A 140mm fork and 130mm rear travel, a Shimano 1x10 drive train, a dropper post for getting low on descents and Shimano hydraulic disc brakes make Fuel EX 5 a high-value, high-performance mountain bike with exceptional versatility.
It's right for you if...
You're ready to go full suspension, and you want a versatile trail bike at a great value. You want a ride that's sure-footed, capable and responsive, so you can stay in control no matter where you're riding.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with internal cable routing, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough and a Knock Block steerer stop to protect against spinning bars. A 140 mm RockShox Recon RL fork, 130 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe Select Plus shock, a durable 10-speed Shimano Deore drive train, dropper post and hydraulic disc brakes.
The final word
Full suspension performance without the sticker shock. Fuel EX 5 has the same frame and suspension tech found on our higher-end alloy Fuel EX models. Quality RockShox suspension, a dropper post and a Shimano 1x10 drive train make for an ideal introduction to the world of full suspension trail riding.
Why you'll love it
- You're getting incredible features and the latest mountain bike innovations at an exceptional value
- It has the capability of far more expensive trail bikes: it shreds singletrack and can even handle marathon races
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so it's out of the way on descents
- The RockShox fork's Solo Air spring can easily be adjusted for a specific rider weight, and it's lighter than a coil spring
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: XS frames get 27.5˝ wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5˝ or 29˝ and sizes M to XL get 29˝ wheels