Save 20% off the rrp on this 2020 Trek Slash 8 at Erina Bikeworx
We have one only 2020 Trek Slash 8, size Large (rrp $4999) now $3999. Don't miss out, call NOW! 0243 652208
Slash 8 is an aluminium enduro mountain bike with fast-rolling 29er wheels, a 160 mm RockShox fork and Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft shock. Smart spec, high-end suspension and the burly Alpha Aluminium frame make Slash 8 a high-value ride for enduro racers and all-around trail rippers who want to rail sketchy descents faster than anyone else in their crew.
It's right for you if...
You're a mountain biker's mountain biker, and you want a big bike with big wheels to roll over big things that get between you and the next big hit. This bike is both fully capable of handling enduro races, and a whole lot of fun on rowdy trails.
The tech you get
A trail-tough Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame, a 160 mm RockShox Yari RC fork and 150 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe shock with Trek's ultra-responsive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper. Plus, a SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain, a Bontrager Line dropper post and Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for fast engagement.
The final word
Slash 8 puts serious enduro performance within reach with smart choices on spec that won't empty your wallet. The Alpha Aluminium frame, burly suspension, and 1x12 Eagle drivetrain makes for a ride that's equally at home on the race course and on a big, backwoods session.
Why you'll love it
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Mino Link lets you adjust the geometry, so you get both an enduro race bike and an ultra-capable trail bike in one
- It's equally at home between the tape and in the rugged wild – Yes, Slash is a race bike, but it's ridiculously fun on gnarly trail rides, too
- We're not the only ones who love it: Slash was awarded Mountain Bike of the Year by Pinkbike
|Frame||Fork||RockShox Yari RC, DebonAir spring, Motion Control RC damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 160 mm travel|
|Shock||Front wheel||Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle|
|Rear wheel||Rear skewer||Bontrager Switch thru axle, removable lever|
|*Tyre||Shifter||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Rear derailleur||*Crank||Size: S|
Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle, DUB, 32T steel ring, Boost, 170 mm length
|Bottom bracket||SRAM DUB, 92 mm, PressFit|
|Cassette||Chain||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
Bontrager Line Dropper, 100 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 345 mm length
|Handlebar||Bontrager Line, alloy, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise, 820 mm width|
|Grips||Stem||Bontrager Line, 35 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree, 50 mm length|
|Head set||Brake||SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc, 200 mm front rotor, 180 mm rear rotor|
|Brake rotor||SRAM CenterLine, 6-bolt, round-edge, 180mm|
- M - 13.78 kg / 30.38 lbs (with TLR sealant, no tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).